Question # 1 What is Biblical Meditation?
Answer: Biblical Meditation is a practice that leads a person into an experience, in which they will know that there is a God. Biblical meditation also leads us to a point where we are convinced of the reality of God as much as our own reality. God is as much as a reality, as much of a presence, as much of a power, as much of an entity and individuality as we are, and God can be (through meditation) just as well known by us as we can know our selves or one another. From the moment we know God through experiences, life changes for us, because there is a relaxation of our personal selfhood.
Question # 2 What are the benefits of meditation?
Answer: There are many benefits of meditation but the greatest benefit of biblical meditation is being able to go within oneself( the inner man) and having a true GOD EXPERIENCE. The kingdom of God is within us; the whole of the Godhead is to be found within our individual being, not in holy mountains nor yet in the temple at Jerusalem, but within us. If we really believed this great wisdom, we should be willing to leave the world for a season (meditation), until such time as we could reach, touch, and respond to the Father within.
As we begin to recognize our good as the gift of God, we let the reasoning, thinking, planning mind relax. We listen for the still small voice, ever watching for the angel of the Lord, the Christ, the Father within. It will never leave us nor forsake us. It is our permanent dispensation. This listening is the art of meditation, in the learning of which we come to a place of transition where truth leaves the mind and enters the heart. In other words, there is no longer merely an intellectual knowledge about truth; but truth becomes a living thing within our being. To illustrate: Everybody in the world knows the word “God,” but there are few people in the world who know God.
Question # 3 What does it mean when you meditate?
Answer: People ask me all the time ” What does it mean to meditate?” The goal of meditation is to focus and quiet your mind (lowering brainwave frequencies)eventually reaching a higher level of awareness (consciousness) and inner calm. It may come as a surprise to learn that you can meditate anywhere and at any time, allowing yourself to access (The Now) a sense of tranquility (present moment) and peace no matter what’s going on around you.
In my book ” The Power of Christian Meditation” it will introduce you to the basics of meditation allowing you to begin your spiritual journey on the path of enlightenment. The initial stage of meditation may be a “contemplation” of God: the beauty of God’s universe, the law of God (Josh. 1:8) and the activity of God (Ps. 110:15). Our life becomes that of a beholder, beholding the glory of God in all things – in the green grass in the gentle breeze, in the turbulence of the ocean, and in the calm of the night.
Question # 4 What effect does meditation have on the brain?
Answer: Meditation has a direct physiological effect on the human brain, because it has nerve cells that fire electrical signals and oscillate in distinctive arrangements called brainwave patterns. These patterns are closely connected to your thoughts, emotions, moods, biological chemistry, everything you do, and really, everything you are. Brainwave meditation guides you into different meditative states that will help you to understand the different frequencies and how they contribute to your state of consciousness.
Question # 5 How do you meditate properly?
Answer: It is very important to meditate properly. Thinking is an initial step leading into proper meditation. Thoughts may be used to help us reach that exalted state of listening consciousness but in proper meditation no thought should be used in the sense of an affirmation or denial. Let us suppose that we desire to meditate, but the human mind is in such a turmoil that we do not find ourselves immediately in a state of quiet and peace. Instead of attempting to blank the mind and blot out these disturbing thoughts, we use the mind and turn to scripture or to some other book for inspiration.
Question # 6 What are some of the physiological benefits of meditation?
Answer: There are many physiological benefits to name just a few:
1. It lowers oxygen consumption.
2. It decreases respiratory rate.
3. It increases blood flow and slows the heart rate.
4. Increases exercise tolerance.
5. Leads to a deeper level of physical relaxation.
6. Good for people with high blood pressure.
7. Reduces anxiety attacks by lowering the levels of blood lactate.
8. Decreases muscle tension
9. Helps in chronic diseases like allergies, arthritis etc.
10. Reduces Pre-menstrual Syndrome symptoms.
11. Helps in post-operative healing
12. Enhances the immune system.
13. Reduces activity of viruses and emotional distress
14. Enhances energy, strength and vigor.
15. Helps with weight loss
16. Reduction of free radicals, less tissue damage
17. Higher skin resistance
18. Drop in cholesterol levels, lowers risk of cardiovascular disease.
19. Improved flow of air to the lungs resulting in easier breathing.
20. Decreases the aging process.
21. Higher levels of DHEAS (Dehydroepiandrosterone)
22. Prevented, slowed or controlled pain of chronic diseases.
23. Makes you sweat less
24. Cure headaches & migraines
25. Greater Orderliness of Brain Functioning
26. Reduced Need for Medical Care
27. Less energy wasted
28. More inclined to sports, activities
29. Significant relief from asthma
30. Improved performance in athletic events
31. Normalizes to your ideal weight
32. Harmonizes our endocrine system
33. Relaxes our nervous system
34. Produce lasting beneficial changes in brain electrical actively.
35. Cure infertility (the stresses of infertility can interfere with the release of hormones that regulate ovulation).
Question # 7 What are some of the psychological benefits of meditation?
Answer: There are many psychological benefits but here are just a few: 36. Builds self-confidence.
37. Increases serotonin level, influences mood and behavior.
38. Resolve phobias & fears
39. Helps control own thoughts
40. Helps with focus & concentration
41. Increase creativity
42. Increased brain wave coherence.
43. Improved learning ability and memory.
44. Increased feelings of vitality and rejuvenation.
45. Increased emotional stability.
46. Improved relationships
47. Mind ages at slower rate
48. Easier to remove bad habits
49. Develops intuition
50. Increased Productivity
51. Improved relations at home & at work
52. Able to see the larger picture in a given situation
53. Helps ignore petty issues
54. Increased ability to solve complex problems
55. Purifies your character
56. Develop will power
57. Greater communication between the two brain hemispheres
58. React more quickly and more effectively to a stressful event
59. Increases one’s perceptual ability and motor performance
60. Higher intelligence growth rate
61. Increased job satisfaction
62. Increase in the capacity for intimate contact with loved ones
63. Decrease in potential mental illness
64. Better, more sociable behavior
65. Less aggressiveness
66. Helps in quitting smoking, alcohol addiction
67. Reduces need and dependency on drugs, pills & pharmaceuticals
68. Need less sleep to recover from sleep deprivation
69. Require less time to fall asleep, helps cure insomnia
70. Reduces road rage
71. Increases sense of responsibility
70. Increases sense of accountability
71. Reduces road rage
72. Decrease in restless thinking
73. Decreased tendency to worry
74. Increases listening skills and empathy
75. Helps make more accurate judgments
76. Greater tolerance
77. Gives composure to act in considered & constructive ways
78. Grows a stable, more balanced personality
79. Develops emotional maturity
Question # 8 What are some of the spiritual benefits of meditation?
Answer: here are some of those spiritual benefits:
80. Helps keep things in perspective
81. Provides peace of mind, happiness
82. Helps you discover your purpose
83. Increased self-actualization.
84. Increased compassion
85. Growing wisdom
86. Deeper understanding of yourself and others
87. Brings body, mind, spirit in harmony
88. Deeper Level of spiritual relaxation
89. Increased acceptance of oneself
90. Helps learn forgiveness
91. Changes attitude toward life
92. Creates a deeper relationship with your God
93. Attain enlightenment
94. Greater inner-directedness
95. Helps living in the present moment
96. Creates a widening, deepening capacity for love
97. Discovery of the power and consciousness beyond the ego
98. Experience an inner sense of “Assurance or Knowingness”
99. Experience a sense of “Oneness”
100. Increases the synchronicity in your life
Question # 9 What is biblical meditation good for?
Answer: Biblical Meditation improves a person mental, physical and spiritual health. Meditation is a tool to develop awareness, enlightenment, it can enhance what you already believe and practice.
Question # 10 How long does it take to meditate?
Answer: There is not required amount of time it depends on the (meditator) on how long it might take. You can start by practicing just a few minutes a day, as you grow you allocate more time to your practice.
Question # 11What is Biblical Guided Meditation?
Answer: Biblical Guided Meditation is a form of meditation in that the meditator is intentionally creating a mental image, visualizing healing, wealth etc. by using scriptures. Typically the goal of a guided visualization is deep relaxation and stress reduction.
Question # 12 What is the Art of Biblical Meditation?
Answer: The Art of Biblical Meditation is to make the conceptual nature of the Word of God a reality in your life. To meditate on God’s Word, you think about it over and over, filling your mind and mouth with it. Your internal dialogue is also called self-talk. It is what you say to yourself. Your self-talk is what you really believe. Meditating on the Word of God lead to what the Apostle Paul calls a renewed mind (Rom. 12:2). A renewed mind leads to accurate self-talk based on the Word of God. A believer meditates on the Word of God so that faith (confidence) is produced in his heart, then the mouth will speak. Faith has something to say.
Question # 13 What is the best time of day to meditate?
Answer: The best time to meditate is early in the morning upon waking up from your sleep,(before breakfast) while your mind is still in a Alpha Brainwave Frequency state. Also late in the evening before bedtime maybe just before taking a shower.
Question # 14 How does meditation help with anxiety?
Answer: Meditation help with anxiety because in meditation the person is in the present moment (Now) which eliminate the fear of the future which ultimately leads to anxiety. Meditation also helps with anxiety because it quiets an overactive brain.
Question # 15 Can you meditate while you drive?
Answer: Yes. You can meditate while you drive, many times while we are driving we automatically shift in consciousness from a Beta to a Alpha Brainwave frequency. It is known as Mindful Meditation which means being a where: deliberately paying attention to body sensation, thoughts and emotions as you drive.
Question # 16Can meditation make you more intelligent?
Answer: Not only can meditation prevent brain cells from dying, which typically happens as we age, it can boost a person’s brain size in several crucial regions. Furthermore, researchers have concluded that meditation can actually make a person more intelligent.
Question # 17 Is meditation a commandment of God?
Answer: Yes, According to the bible in Joshua 1:8 “…but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, …”
Question # 18 Is Meditation Music beneficial?
Answer: Yes. Meditation music is always beneficial they come in different forms such as: Guided, Subliminal, Visual Healing, and even Wealth and Binaural beats and Isochronic Tones resonate with the person (meditator)brain wave frequencies.
Question # 19 Is it beneficial for children to meditate?
Answer: Yes. It is very beneficial for children to meditate, it provides the same benefits as of an adult, physiologically, psychologically and spiritually.
Question # 20 Can I be cured from a disease through meditation?
Answer: Yes most definitely. All spiritual and Energy healing is brought about by some form of meditation.
Question # 21 Where can I find Biblical Meditation Classes?
Answer: You can find a few Biblical Meditation Classes online, but beware of online scams that have surfaced. These scams have been called to the attention of Christian Leaders. My name is Dr. George Hamilton I’m the Founder and CEO of Biblical Christian Meditation Institute where we are offering online classes for Beginner’s, Advance and Instructor’s Certification. As a pastor I am concerned about the authenticity of some of these meditation programs . I want to see Christians grow spiritually through proper spiritual biblical meditation.. My interest has cause e me to establish a Godly credible Christian meditation Institute to help train Christian leaders. If your interested in registering visit our website at http://www.biblemeditate.org
Mp3 Meditation Music (Free Gift!)
Your Free Gift! (Click Link Below!)
Understanding Negative & Positive Emotions (Syllabus)
10% off (Limited Time Only) Click link Below
Coupon Code: Syllabus10%